News & Media
Operational notification #71: REVISED: Out of hours activities and changes to traffic on Port Drive, Tanker Street and Osprey Drive
Posted on Wednesday, 14 February 2018 (Archive on Tuesday, 14 August 2018)
From Sunday 18 February to Friday 23 February, road surfacing works will be carried out on Port Drive, Tanker Street and Osprey Drive, weather permitting. The following traffic arrangements will be in place:
From 6am Sunday 18 February to 5am Monday 19 February
Monday 19 February to Friday 23 February between 8pm and 5am
- All inbound traffic will be detoured via Tanker Street and Osprey Drive to join Port Drive at Kite Street.
- There will be no right turn from Port Drive outbound into Kite Street. A detour will be in place for Kite Street traffic via Export Street and Pritchard Street.
- All traffic to / from Tanker Street and iOR will be diverted via Kite Street roundabout and Osprey Drive.
- A single lane stop/go traffic arrangement on Osprey Drive (between iOR and the new Tanker Street roundabout) will be in place.
Activities will include:
- removal and installation of concrete barriers
- road surfacing works
Traffic control and signage will be in place to direct motorists during these times.
Depending on the weather forecast, the work may be undertaken on the next available shift.
For the safety of roadworkers and other road users, motorist are reminded to drive to the road conditions, obey signage and adhere to speed limits, particularly as vehicles enter the construction area where the speed has been reduced.
Should you have any queries, please contact the Port Drive Project team via email [email protected] or contact the 24hr project hotline 1800 895 929.