News & Media
Operational notification #32: Port Drive Upgrade – Kite Street roundabout temporary road closure
Posted on Thursday, 13 July 2017 (Archive on Saturday, 13 January 2018)
From 8pm Friday 21 July to 4am Monday 24 July, the right turn from Kite Street into Port Drive southbound will be temporarily closed to traffic to install bridge deck units for the new overpass.
Traffic wishing to exit Kite Street into Port Drive southbound will be diverted via:
- Port Drive (northbound) to Bulk Terminal Drive roundabout then
- Port Drive southbound towards Kite Street / city
A detour map is provided below.
What to expect during this work
Work will involve:
- use of construction equipment including lighting towers, cranes and trucks for the overpass
- increased truck movements along Port Drive, Whimbrel Street, Lucinda Drive
- noise associated with the use of construction equipment
- vehicles and equipment with flashing lights and white noise (non-tonal) reversing beepers for the safety of onsite workers
- changed traffic conditions to manage traffic entering/exiting the construction site, as required
- traffic control and signage to direct motorists, as required.
Motorists are advised to allow extra travel time for their journeys, obey signage and adhere to speed limits throughout the construction site. We thank you for your patience during this work.
Kite Street roundabout right turn ban from Kite Street and detour map (below).
Should you have any queries, please contact the Port Drive Project team via email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the 24hr project hotline 1800 895 929.