News & Media
Spare time to volunteer?
Posted on Monday, 19 December 2016 (Archive on Monday, 19 June 2017)
The Mission to Seafarers and Stella Maris Centres assist and support the men and women who disembark their ships while docked at the Port of Brisbane.
The centres provide a wide range of services and facilities seven days a week, 12 hours a day.Both centres are currently seeking volunteers to help them to continue providing their valuable services including:
- providing bus shuttles for nearby appointments and shopping
- operating the centre shop which has a small supermarket, gift shop and foreign exchange
- preparing food and drinks
- hospital visits
- providing counselling and guidance (specific training required)
- visit on board their ship (special training required).
If you are able to assist please contact Mission to Seafarers - 07 3895 1181 or Stella Maris - 07 3348 6629.
Crew visiting Mission to Seafarers