Annual Community Sponsorship Grant System
The Port of Brisbane Pty Ltd (PBPL) is committed to making a positive contribution to the environment in which we operate. Our Annual Community Sponsorship Grant System aims to assist local initiatives that reflect PBPL’s organisational values and positively contribute to our local community.
The 2013 Community Grant Program is now CLOSED. Applications for the 2014 Grant Program will open to registered charities and Not-For-Profit organisations from 1 February 2014.
PBPL works together with its Community Consultative Committee (CCC) Sponsorship Sub-Committee to identify opportunities and evaluate applications for sponsorship from the community.
PBPL and the CCC Sponsorship Sub-Committee will accept sponsorship grant applications in the following categories:
● Environmental improvement initiatives particularly, but not limited to, those relating to Moreton Bay Marine Park
● Community welfare programs or initiatives, including those that assist disadvantaged groups
● Local education programs including, but not limited, to those involving adult education or learning disabilities
● Youth leadership programs or initiatives aimed at giving young people opportunities for self-development and community service.
Initiatives PBPL and the CCC Sponsorship Sub-Committee will not support include:
● political activities
● individuals seeking support for personal projects
● activities of a hazardous nature
● overseas travel for study purposes
● organisational operating and ongoing salary costs.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered eligible for PBPL’s community sponsorship grants.
Applicants must meet all of the following primary criteria:
● be a Not For Profit (NFP) organisation or Registered Charity
● be relevant or connected to the region in which PBPL operates
● provide a platform for PBPL to its commitment to being socially and environmentally responsible
● have a natural link to PBPL's organisational values of safety, valuing people, customer focused, commercially astute, innovation, sustainable outcomes and continuous improvement
● enable PBPL to engage with its stakeholders. These include business customers (including all companies and industry organisations that are part of the commodities logistics chain), as well as government, environment and community groups
● enable PBPL to mention the NFP organisation or charity on its website, in media opportunities and as part of its reporting processes.
Applicants must meet at least two of the following criteria, providing opportunity for:
● PBPL employees to be actively involved in the work of the charity or NFP organisation (e.g. provide learning or volunteering opportunities)
● PBPL to access any relevant research or data findings (e.g. environmental research)
● PBPL representatives to meet the charity or NFP organisation’s stakeholders
● PBPL to be represented at sponsorship events, presentations, media opportunities and /or award ceremonies
● the applicant to report back to PBPL regarding the outcomes of its sponsorship.
Please note: Sponsorships that span longer time frames (two years or more), and meet the criteria will be given preference over shorter term sponsorships that don't provide as much opportunity to engage with the organisation or charity.
● Applications open between 1 February and 30 April each year.
● Organisations may submit their grant application during this time by completing the Application Form and submitting it to PBPL (details below)
● Applications are assessed between 1 May and 30 June by PBPL, together with input from the CCC Sponsorship Sub-Committee.
● Successful applicants will be notified and publicly announced in July. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified in writing by PBPL.
● Grant applications received outside of these times will be encouraged to apply the following year.
● The final decision to approve a grant application rests with PBPL.
Submitting your application
Grant applications open between 1 February and 30 April each year. Applications received outside of these dates will be encouraged to apply the following year.
The Application Form will be available to download from 1 February each year. Applications must be submitted using the Application Form provided - applications sent to PBPL in any other format will not be considered.
Completed Application Forms may be submitted by:
Port of Brisbane Pty Ltd
Locked Bag 1818
Port of Brisbane QLD 4178
For more information, please contact PBPL Communications Advisor, Emily Griffiths, on (07) 3258 4888.