Benefits of working for us
Developing our people
We recognise that our people are our biggest asset. At PBPL we offer our people a career. We have a range of development programs to support your professional development and continued growth:
- Individually tailored Development Plans
- A mix of internal and external leadership and management development programs
- Tertiary study assistance
- Succession Planning and Talent Management
Encouraging work/life balance
We take work life balance seriously and encourage our people to make the most of their entitlements and/or the opportunities we offer:
- RDO’s – many of our employees are entitled to 13 rostered days off per year
- Flexible work arrangements – our people have access to a variety of flexible work options to keep their career and life in balance including:
- Part time employment
- Flexible hours
- Job share
- Purchased leave
- Career break
- Work from home
- Phased retirement
As long as the preferred arrangements meet business needs, we will support your request.
We understand that everyone has family commitments. We have developed a wide variety of different entitlements to enable our people to take time out when they need it the most:
- Maternity leave – our new mums have access to 14 weeks paid maternity/adoption leave (after 12 months continuous service), one week pre natal leave to attend checkups and up to two years unpaid leave
- Parental leave – our expectant dads have access to one week's paid parental/adoption leave as well as an additional day pre natal leave to attend medical appointments
- Carers leave – all of our people can access up to five days carers leave when they need to take care of an immediate family member
- Christmas shut down – most of our people have the opportunity to avail the Christmas/New Year closure.
Caring about you
We know that your health is important to you and your family. That’s why we have a range of health services available to help keep you fit and healthy:
- Healthy Lifestyle Program – a voluntary program that provides our people with confidential annual health assessments, with our preferred health provider as well as annual flu shots and skin checks.
- MBF and Medibank Private health insurance discounts
- Employee Assistance Program – a confidential and independent counselling service for our people and their immediate families
Our employees have created an active Social Club that runs a variety of events throughout the year. From monthly lunches, seats at the football, family Christmas parties to discounted movie tickets and twilight kayaking down the Brisbane river, our Social Club has something for everyone.